Fire all phasers!
Card messages in the Illuminated position.
(stalking, impetuous, precocious)
- The God of War has endurance built from the strength of dedicated practice. What discipline needs to be set into motion?
- Readiness for action and a penchant for fitness, the energy of this card says, “whatever you do, endurance is yours!”
- Focused intensity and the ability to endure rewards you.
- “Endurance is nobler than strength, and patience than beauty.” John Ruskin
- “Every calamity is to be overcome by endurance.” Virgil
- “Not in achievement, but in endurance, of the human soul, does it show its divine grandeur and its alliance with the infinite.” Edwin Hubbel Chapin
Card messages in the Shadow position.
(erratic, explosive, unpredictable, rash)
- Success is decisive but impulsive action is seldom wise or effective. This situation is spiraling out-of-control in an action-reaction cycle. It is a marvel that anyone doesn’t see the addict running the show. Where has impulse control been lost?.
- Impulse control is key. Don’t let some quirk take you on a wild ride.
- “I pretty much operate on adrenaline and ignorance.” Johnny Knoxville
- “The creative impulses of man are always at war with the possessive impulses” Wyck Brooks
Relevance in the Michael Teaching
This is the Body Type of the King. Vital, active, intense, it is capable of immediate and impulsive action. The Essence chooses this Body Type for readiness and to engage in what might tough circumstances. Ruled by the adrenal glands, it is equips someone to respond in a flight or fight way. They may be quick to anger, but once calmed, they are ready to play. They want to diffuse tension. It enables Personality to project an air invincibility. Like the Chief Feature on the same axis, quick action, or reflex, is preferred.
Scarlett Johannsen (+solar), Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway), Paul Newman (+Neptune), John Glenn, Robert Redford, Farah Fawcett (+solar), Shirley McClaine (+Neptune) Toby Mcguire,
The martial arts have taken up almost a mystical quality in western culture. With an allure that might be called dangerous, they mark the man or woman who will stand and fight for themselves. Our love for the fighting man, and now woman, appeal to us because they exude a toughness seen as sexy, even exciting fear in both friend and foe. Mars, the God of War, reminds us that doing battle may seem honorable and reveal incredible strength and endurance, but when it is glorified, we can be certain of a continued supply.
Attributes of this Body Type…
- Reddish or auburn hair
- Often freckled skin
- A natural taught and sinewy musculature that the person maintains with little or no exercise
- Compact, usually of average height