It’s the really Big Picture!
Card messages in the Illuminated position.
(Cardinal, preeminent, royal)
- Expanded and capable of seeing the “big picture” the broad perspective is able to gather many options. Formulating visions and expanding potential is the gift of this card. You will overcome any limitation if you expand yourself beyond your current limits.
- Make someone feel particularly important. Notice how they react toward you when you show them respect.
- Be magnanimous in your actions toward others. Let your attitudes and tastes be worldly.
- You are a universe of one: a Soloverse. In it you may expand to whatever your thoughts take you.
- “Thought great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Magnanimous people have no vanity, they have no jealousy, and they feed on the true and the solid wherever they find it. And, what is more, they find it everywhere.” ~ Van Wyck Brooks
Card messages in the Shadow position.
(Exclusion, incursion, supremacy)
- Worship advances the worst aspects of separation. Love God yes, respect those of accomplishment, emulate those with skills you admire, but put any on a pedestal, and you will eventually knock them off. Who has disappointed you?
- Imposing one’s own views onto others is intrusive and usually unwelcome. Are you being obtuse or missing the point because of some abstraction you believe applicable? Get out of the way!
- “By imposing too great a responsibility, or rather, all responsibility, on yourself, you crush yourself.” ~ Franz Kafka
- “The whole imposing edifice of modern medicine is like the celebrated tower of Pisa – slightly off balance.” ~ Prince Charles
Relevance in the Michael Teaching
The Exalted or Cardinal qualities are those features which might be thought of as seeing a broader vista. Innate to Overleaves bearing this perspective is a sense embedded of something behind the obvious.
The Cardinal Roles of Sage, King, Priest, may seem at times less interested in other individuals as they tend to be self involved trying to figure out the larger scope of the world and to establish there place within it. Engagement with the crowd or any body politique is libel to be viewed as more a matter of attention or power seeking than caring. Not because they are incapable but the sheer scope of their concerns extend past a single person and instead tend to be occupied with some larger imaginings of a whole or collective.
Examples of Exalted
Luxury, Royalty, Religion, Corporation, Philosophy, Hunter, Special, Big, Thought, Future, Individualism, Inclusive, Mystical and Metaphysical
Exalted qualities might sound laudable and bear some romantic notions of greatness or virtue or achievement, but ultimately, it is about the scope of understanding and comprehension or influence and viewership.
Is there ever really someone whose status deserves adulation and pomp? In the history of the world, at the top of human hierarchies such people exist. By association with a social or income class alone, they are esteemed or at least obeyed with little or no need to have been a decent person…just position.
Associated with such lofty positions implies that those at the top are looking downward onto the mass of humanity and see it as one huge ordinal sprawl of undifferentiated bodies. Whereas those looking upward see idealized figures crafted by the media with press secretaries and Photoshop honing a brand and celebrity that seeks more fans and buyers of its memorabilia.
Hint as to your scope…
Your perspective might be Exalted if your primary method of assessment is to look at the whole. Almost innately, you begin with big picture or plan for the long run. Maybe you look to history to gather the long view. In any case, there is a sense of dominion or breadth of implication which causes you to think how any one given part affects the whole.