The scene doesn’t begin until someone yell’s “action”!
Card messages in the Illuminated position.
(engagement, involvement, participation, )
- Jean Luc Picard declares, “Engage” and the warp drive sends the Enterprise to a new part of space. Get the hint?
- Engagement promises something that thought and emotion cannot – direct interactive experience! Involvement calls us to: respond, compete, strengthen, experiment, refine and learn. All these are calls to action. Stay engaged! This is not a time for rest.
- “Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.” ~ Andrew Jackson quoting Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.”~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
- “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, “I used everything you gave me.” ~ Erma Bombeck
Card messages in the Shadow position.
(enmeshment, reaction, motion, chaos)
- Action implies a directed course or at least interplay between forces. What seems to be happening is someone is merely “going through the motions” and nothing more.
- Agitation is action without purpose or interaction. Life is acting upon you like a rag in a wash cycle! Energy is expended but little is attained or procured. Cease motion for its own sake.
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” ~ Jimmy Dean
Relevance in the Michael Teaching
The Action Axis are comprised of Overleaves whose overall function is the containment, control, and placement of energy. Once the design or the form occurs within the Expression function, it falls next to application and utilization of what has been created. The energy dimensions of Actions are how much and how little (scope or volume), top or bottom, and how fast or how slow(speed). These are all control settings once a system has been turned on under the Expression heading. Thus, the volume of energy expended, and with proper moderation, at the right time and place, is effective control with leads to success.
The dimensions in these Overleaves can be seen as Perseverance and Aggression as a measure of speed, Submission and Dominance as a measure of bottom & top position, and the imbued in the Roles of Warrior and King show a preference for seeing the entirety of scope, or exerting the application of resources. A Warrior his sword, a King his Kingdom.
An Essence ignoring the choice of any of the qualities the Action Axis holds, is choosing to create a Personality without any of these Overleaves may be seen a deliberate omission. Why that omission was made is the subject for self exploration. Perhaps the Essence’s assessment of the skills or competencies under this Axis were sufficiently developed and of little or no concern to it for the lifetime. Either because Life Task does not focus such priorities because it have already achieved competencies already; or because the lacking of any Action in the Overleaves matrix might deliberately hinder or force unique adaptations which trigger growth.
The Artist and the Businessman as seldom roles carried out by the same person. One seeks the other as the creator and the implementer; the one who has the idea and then the one who employs it or sells it in some way. So to, the theoretician or strategist is not always the best soldier on the battlefield , yet without whom the battle would have no plan of attack.
Symbiosis between these functions happens in business all the time. One can see the same interactivity in the function of the legislator expressing the “will of the people” in proposed laws, and the enactment and enforcement of the law as being a part of the executive branch. However, in both cases, the effectiveness or that interaction may be hindered because of other factors; namely, they do not inspire compliance. Lacking enforcement of laws, produces the same kind of inequity and dysfunction in an individual as it does in a government or a business that fails to keep track of its accounting. The integrity of the either depend upon follow-through and accountability. When those are absent, a rift or distortion opens like a chasm between what is expressed and what is acted upon. Disintegration of whatever system or the internal world of the individual begins.
Action then, is far more than motion. Agitation alone, in a washing machine – to make a crude analogy, has very little positive effect without the application of soap…a guiding plan, law, or direction. Getting the clothes wet, like going through the motions of action, leaves a result that is dissatisfying. Why? Because there is a sense of wasted energy and ineffectiveness. Said another way, the interpretation for an Essence might deem that a lifetime was unsuccessful in the pursuit of its Life Task or other significant objectives. Inaction or misplaced action doesn’t lead stagnation, however, it leads to reaction. And without any mediating or guiding thoughtful expression to guide it, effort is wasted and in the extreme is chaotic or exhausting.
by Stephen Cocconi © 2012
For a Tarot Session or Channeled Consultation call: 209.768-4956 or email Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org