“No really, you shouldn’t have.”
Card messages in the Illuminated position.
+ Self Effacing
(Humility, modestly, responsible, )
- Modesty is a good thing when sincere. Try a little of it now and you’ll lessen others resistance toward you.
- Humility does not require groveling, but it is <b>self-effacing.</b> Realize the illusion of imperfection and self importance and find a deeper dignity. You are a unique expression of the TAO and you might actually be doing your best without acknowledgment.
- Not taking yourself too seriously puts life into proper perspective. Ease up a bit and see the humor here.
Historic Quotes signifying the quality of the Overleaf in this pole
- “It is difficult to be humble. Even if you aim at humility, there is no guarantee that when you have attained the state you will not be proud of the feat.” Bonamy Dobree
I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.~ Frederick Douglass
Card messages associated with Shadow position.
(Worthlessness, inferiority, undeserved, pathetic, pariah, )
Quotes signifying this pole
- The bitter soul is haunted by no self-esteem and resorts to <b>abasement</b> of all things as inferior or inadequate. Toxic shame removes joy leaving the person to drown in hopelessness. Resentment smolders beneath the surface and everyone suffers from the gloom. Is shame buried and smoldering in someone? Address it OUT LOUD!
- Inferiority complexes cause doubt and understatement of value. Don’t sell yourself short.
Relevance within the Michael Teaching
You might struggle with the Ego Defense called Self Deprecation if…